Digital Academy Learning Series
University of Massachusetts Boston Digital Academy
The University of Massachusetts Boston Digital Academy is an accelerated certificate-of-completion learning series providing learners with the most sought-after digital competencies many employers seek. The academy, a professional development program for all learners, is ideal for professionals seeking a career change, early-careerists who wish to gain a stackable credential for entry-level positions in the technology industry, or anyone who wishes to step-up and gain new and valuable technology skills.
The Digital Academy Learning Series consists of 4 modules. You can take all the modules in the following sequence or select individual ones:
- User Experience (UX)
- Essentials of Web Development
- Data Analytics (DA) & Business Strategies
- Information Technology Project Management
Each module delivers more than 13 hours of instruction: 8 hours of online content, 5 hours on-campus. This is a non-credit offering and is graded on a pass/fail basis; no letter grades are awarded. For successful completion of all 4 modules, you will receive 5.2 Continuing Education Units (CEUs); for each module, you will receive 1.3 CEUs.
- Understand the role of a UX specialist in the information technology sector
- Learn the UX design process
- Cover topics including responsive design and accessibility for the web
- Gain experience with vital resources including UX reports and prototype tools (LucidChart)
- Understand how a CMS works and utilize HTML, CSS, and other resources
- Learn best practices of responsive design and accessibility for the web
- Become familiar with vital analytics tools (Google Analytics, Clicky Analytics, etc.)
- Learn to develop marketing metrics - predictive marketing and marketing measurement
- Work with custom reports and dashboards
- Review core concepts of cost-effective project management
- Discover and apply project management tools (Google and Asana)
- Explore managing stakeholders and organizational change
- Apply project management knowledge to UX, DA, and web development projects
Schedule and Fees
This program is not being offered at this time. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.