eLearning and Instructional Support
The IT Department supports the use of technology to enhance teaching and learning across the university. Our expert instructional designers, media specialists, trainers, systems administrators and technical support staff provide a wide range of instructional support services to the faculty and students at UMass Boston. We help faculty address teaching and learning goals in several ways, including assistance and support of;
- Course development and design.
- Student engagement, collaboration and peer instruction.
- Student peer assessment and self-assessment.
- Protection of original work and academic integrity.
- Instructional continuity.
Visit our EdTech Blog at UMass Boston to learn about the latest developments in educational technology. Do you have ideas you would like to share with your colleagues? Let us know.
- On campus training
- Atomic Learning (video based training)
- Administration and support for tools listed below.
- Blackboard Learn / Learning Management System (LMS)
- Plagiarism Prevention
- Wikis/UMass Boston Wikispaces
- UMass Boston Blog Network
- REEF/iClicker Personal Response System
- OCW/UMass Boston Open Courseware
- Classroom Capture
- Synchronous Conferencing
- iTunes U