BeaconCard (UMass Boston ID)
You can get your BeaconCard in McCormack Hall, 2nd Floor, Room 615
What you need to get a BeaconCard:
- Be a registered student or employee at UMass Boston
- Have a valid picture ID ready (license, passport, etc) or 3 printed proofs of address (utility bills, university correspondence, etc)
What if the university misspelled my name?
- Please go to the One Stop on the Campus Center Upper Level to get it corrected before obtaining your BeaconCard.
What can I do with my UMass Boston BeaconCard?
- Access to rooms to which you have been authorized (see Office of Access Control)
What benefits can I get with my UMass Boston BeaconCard?
For students who have paid tuition and associated fees, the following benefits are available:
- Free student membership to the Beacon Fitness Center
- Free admission to the JFK Museum Library
- Discounted passes and tickets to movies, museums, and more in the Student Activities and Leadership Office
- Citywide student discounts for theatre tickets, concerts, etc.
Staff members are not eligible for these benefits.
A BeaconCard is provided to all students if paid via the student bill.
If not, the cost is $25
Please take proper care of your BeaconCard to prolong its use and avoid replacement fees.
- Do not punch holes in the card.
- Do not bend card (e.g., in back pocket), as it contains a chip which may be damaged.
- Do not expose card to magnets.
The BeaconCard is an identification card; please carry it with you at all times and do not allow others to borrow it. Possession of a borrowed, false, or altered ID is a serious offense, which will subject the bearer to disciplinary action.
If you have lost your BeaconCard, please visit the BeaconCard Office immediately. If you cannot go immediately, please notify Public Safety immediately at 617.287.7799. Public Safety will then notify the BeaconCard office and/or Access Control.
If you are planning to have a large group of students obtain cards as part of an orientation or otherwise, please email Rita Haidul-Campbell at least 3 business days in advance with the list of names and ID numbers and the date/time you are requesting to obtain cards for the group.
Director of Auxiliary Services
Monday- Thursday: 8am – 6pm, Friday: 8am – 4pm